We are now accepting film submissions for NJISACF 2009. Here are the film submission guidelines:
NJISACF 2009 will showcase independent films by or about South Asians from across the globe.
Filmmakers are invited to submit features, shorts and documentaries of all genres (including animation), formats and lengths. Films should have been completed no earlier than 2007.
Submissions for NJISACF 2009 will be accepted only through May 30, 2009. Films postmarked after May 30, 2009, will not be considered for the Festival. For questions about submission, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
How to submit your film
- Scroll down and save both pages of the embedded submission form. You can right click and hit save for both pages to do this. Print out the form.
- Carefully read the Submission form.
- Fill out, Sign and date the submission form.
- Refer to the Application Checklist below before mailing your entry. Send the completed entry form to the address provided on the form with 2 copies of NTSC DVDs or VHS tapes.
- All applicants will be notified via email by August 4, 2009.
- Filmmakers may submit more than one entry. Each entry must be accompanied by the entry form. Films should have been completed no earlier than 2007.
- Only films by filmmakers of South Asian origin/ about South Asians worldwide/ involving South Asian actors in major roles will be considered
- All foreign language films must be subtitled/ dubbed in English language
- Only NTSC DVDs or VHS tapes will be accepted for submission screening.
- DVDs and VHS tapes must be labeled with the title, running time, contact information on the DVD/ tape label. Submission DVDs/ tapes will not be returned.
- Every submission must be accompanied by a film synopsis (60 words) and Bios (50 words each)
- Please do not send submissions in fiber-filled envelopes, as the dust damages DVD players or VCRs.
- If your film is selected, you will be required to provide 1 screening master, electronic press kit including synopsis, full credits, b/w and/or color stills from the film, poster and promo reel or trailer (if available), filmography and the director’s headshot.
- All filmmakers will be notified via e-mail by August 4, 2009.
Submission deadline is May 30, 2009
Send Film Entry to:
Asian American Film and Theater Project,P.O. Box 136, Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, 08852 USA
Courier packages should be sent to the address below:
Sakti Sengupta, 117 Jared Drive, North Brunswick, New Jersey, 08902, USA
- Two DVDs or VHS tapes (NTSC)
- 60-word Film Synopsis
- Bios of cast and crew
- Application Form
Application Form Page 1
Application Form Page 2